- The Adventures of Boots: The Giant Snowball (Revised, Republished, Second Edition)
- The Adventures of Boots: The Christmas Surprise
- A Porpoise for Cara
- S.T.O.P. Bullying
- My Daddy is a Star
- Chilly Willy the Hoodie Wearing Bully
- A Legend Among Us
- Sanaa: The Golden Princess
- Guest blogging on Deanie Humphrys Dunne's site tod...
- Introducing Author Jennifer Young
- Interview with Amberly Kristen Clowe (Krissy Clowe...
- Interview with Judy Nickles
- My media page
- More pictures from Petit Jean State Park
- PETIT JEAN STATE PARK ~ ARKANSAS
- Tips for Independent Authors
- Tips for authors
- Interesting Articles
Sunday, November 10, 2013
Linda's Write Spot: Guest blogging on Deanie Humphrys Dunne's site tod...: http://www.dhdunne.blogspot.com/
Friday, November 8, 2013
Linda's Write Spot: Introducing Author Jennifer Young: Thank you Jennifer Young. It's a pleasure to have you join me today. 1. Tell me about yourself. I usually aim at wri...
Thank you Jennifer Young. It's a pleasure to have you join me today.
1. Tell me about yourself.
I usually aim at writing fractured fairy tales or humorous stories for children, but it doesn't always turn out that way. I'm originally from Southern Connecticut, but now live in South Jersey with my husband and three children. I’m a member of Julie Hedlund’s group 12 x 12. I participate in Tara Lazar’s annual PiBoIdMo which lasts all of November and I am a member of two wonderful critique groups.
2. What is the title of your most recent book? Elaborate. Share an excerpt if you like.
My second picture book, A CHERRY TOMATO ON TOP, is coming out in the fall of 2013, with Willow Moon Publishing.
Synopsis: Gordy's birthday is only a few days away and he longs for tasty treats like cherry tomatoes and pickled beats. In Gordy's backwards world, junk food - like candy & chips - are considered healthy. Everywhere Gordy goes he sees yummy fruits and vegetables but he must wait for his special day to get them.
3. Do you have other published works? If so, tell me a little about it/them.
My debut picture book, POISON APPLE PIE, was published last year on March 24th 2012 and is available through MeeGenius Children’s Books. I have one more picture book, BABY BUG'S YAWN, forthcoming with MeeGenius Inc. in early 2014.
4. Where do you get ideas for your books?
Everyday things, my kids, old stories, today's news, movies, and being by a campfire are just some ways. (One very helpful way is by joining PiBoIdMo each year. I come away with 30+ ideas during that month)
5. What advice would you give to new authors
-Try not to make it a race to get published- it's a long process and you'll need patience.
-Read as many children's books you can and I write as often as you can.
-Join a critique group
-Check out different types of writing groups are out there-online or in person- and find one that will help you continually learn about the publishing world and grow as a writer.
6. Since you been writing, have you had an ah ha moment?
Yes! One editor (from the start of my writing journey) politely rejected my submission but she also gave me helpful advice. And with her words I was encouraged to keep at it.
I thought, “Ah ha, I’m going to stick with this and be a published writer someday.”
7. Please share your info and where your book can be published
POISON APPLE PIE is an eBook available through MeeGenuis. The direct link is: http://www.meegenius.com/book/6067/poison-apple-pie
COMING SOON! A CHERRY TOMATO ON TOP will be available in paperback and as an eBook with Willow Moon Publishing in late November to Early December 2013. The publisher’s website is: http://www.willowmoonpublishing.com/childrensbooks.html
COMING SOON! BABY BUG’S YAWN is forthcoming with MeeGenius in early 2014. Their website is: http://www.meegenius.com/