In 1897, Andrew Jackson Beard invented the Jenny Coupler, a device linking train cars together through a bumping process. The Coupler was a boon to the welfare of many railroad workers, who originally had the dangerous job of hooking moving cars together by hand.
Black Americans have been making contributions to America from the start, but like countless other Americans whose achievements have altered and enriched our lives, these Black Americans remain unknown. It's important, though, to point out their contributions because too often people don't realize that Black Americans have been making contributions to our country from its inception. In many cases, what they accomplished they managed to do against all odds, in spite of overwhelming obstacles. These people are an inspiration to everyone who finds him or herself in circumstances that seem impossible to overcome.
- The Adventures of Boots: The Giant Snowball (Revised, Republished, Second Edition)
- The Adventures of Boots: The Christmas Surprise
- A Porpoise for Cara
- S.T.O.P. Bullying
- My Daddy is a Star
- Chilly Willy the Hoodie Wearing Bully
- A Legend Among Us
- Guest blogging on Deanie Humphrys Dunne's site tod...
- Introducing Author Jennifer Young
- Interview with Amberly Kristen Clowe (Krissy Clowe...
- Interview with Judy Nickles
- My media page
- More pictures from Petit Jean State Park
- PETIT JEAN STATE PARK ~ ARKANSAS
- Tips for Independent Authors
- Tips for authors
- Interesting Articles